An AmeriCorps member can serve at your organization to help build capacity around serving clients with basic needs assistance and financial education.
Organizations interested in applying agree to the following guidelines.
Supervision and Work Environment:
- One designated site supervisor that works full time and will provide daily supervision and support to the member must be assigned.
- A comfortable and safe work environment, including reasonable office space, use of a phone and internet access comparable to that of paid staff must be provided.
- Identify meaningful tasks for the member written out in the Agency Position Description that aligns with the work of the program and is agreed to by the host site and AmeriCorps Program Manager
Training and Reporting
- Participation in the Site Supervisor orientation is required for each organization
- Members must utilize Charity Tracker for measurement purposes
- Site Supervisor must complete semi-annual member performance evaluations
- Weekly approval of member timesheets
- Each awarded organization will have a signed Memorandum of Understanding, bearing signatures of the staff supervising the member as well as the host organization’s executive director or highest governing authority.
- A payment of $7,500 for a full time member or $3,700 for a part-time member that will be billed on a quarterly basis.
AmeriCorps members are limited to the amount of indirect service they can do, and are not clerical or administrative support staff. They do not act in the staff capacity or perform duties that would otherwise be performed by employed workers nor supplant the hiring of employed workers. Members cannot engage in religious instruction, worship, proselytizing, or other religious activities. They many not engage in electoral activities, lobbying or participate in demonstrations during service hours or while representing (or appearing to represent) AmeriCorps.
Applications and all supporting documents must be received by April 22, 4:00pm.
Send all necessary documents to Joselyn Johnson using the information below.
Trident United Way, AmeriCorps Program
P.O. Box 63305
North Charleston, SC 29419
The AmeriCorps Recruitment Team will review applications and make recommendations on site selections.
AmeriCorps member positions are contingent upon approval of the Trident United Way project application and availability of funds.