Day of Caring expands - now Days of Caring!
For 20 years, Trident United Way has hosted the largest single day of community service in the Tri-County area on Day of Caring thanks to employers, teams and neighbors coming together. Now we are excited to triple the impact to engage more volunteers, provide more flexibility for completing projects and making an even bigger difference!
Click here to join us for one, two or three days – in-person, virtually and/or remote!
- Project Registration – Sept. 20 – Oct. 12
- Volunteer Team Registration – Oct. 14 – Nov. 5
- Days of Caring – Nov. 17 - 19
Wow - Y'all came through big time
We asked and you responded big time for our annual school supply drive. Our goal of 2,000 backpacks being filed was smashed with a final count of 2,700.
Thanks to our friends at UPS, they donated warehouse space, trucks and personnel to load and distribute the items to six area schools.
The graphic below says it all - THANK YOU!
Join our 1000 Books Before Kindergarten effort
Trident United Way is partnering with all three county libraries in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester to launch the area-wide for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten movement. The program promotes reading to ages birth to five to improve on regional literacy gaps.
- During birth to 5 age range, 90% of a child’s brain development occurs.
- 57% of Tri-County children are deemed “not ready” when starting Kindergarten
- More than half of Tri-County third graders are not reading at grade level.
Click here to sign up a child and learn more about the Oct. 2 kickoff!
Newsletter continues.....click here to read entire edition
Click pictures below to view previous newsletters