Advocate. Do you know what it means to advocate?
Advocacy means different things to different people. For some, advocating means talking to others about important issues facing our community; for others, advocacy takes place through writing a letter or getting in touch with an elected official to voice concern or support.
Did you know anyone can champion the cause?
Whether you’re speaking out to improve education, financial stability, and health, or wearing your LIVE UNITED shirt to show support, you can help inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow. So go ahead, advocate in a LIVE UNITED world. Do it in public. Be visible. Be loud. Whatever you do, make your voice heard!
Trident United Way gives voice to community solutions at the state and local levels. Our public policy agenda for 2018-2020 focuses on causes that matter to you:
- School Readiness
- Increasing Access to Quality Child Care
- Third Grade Literacy
- Sustainable Communities
- Increasing Income
- Gaining and Sustaining Assets
Learn more about our Public Policy Committee
The Public Policy Committee represents Trident United Way on state and local issues that impact the Tri-County area and the Palmetto State.Trident United Way recently expanded the Public Policy Committee to be more reflective of the Tri-County area. The committee members include:
- Dwayne Green, (Chair), Green Law Offices
- Bryan Boroughs, (Immediate Past Chair), Institute for Child Success
- Sara DeWolf (Chair Elect), Community Volunteer
- Rita Berry, Greater Summerville/Dorchester Chamber of Commerce
- Donald Gordon, PhD, The Riley Institute at Furman University
- Cammy Groome, Retired Principal of Newington Elementary
- Shayna Howell, League of Women Voters
- Kelvin Huger, Counts & Huger Attorneys at Law
- Anna Lewin, SC Community Loan Fund
- Bernie Mazyck, SCACDC
- Elaine Morgan, Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce
- Charles Patrick, Richardson, Patrick, Westbrook & Brickman, LLC
- LaTisha Vaughn, Tri-County Cradle to Career Collaborative
- Kathryn Whitaker, Calibrate Legal, Inc.
Trident United Way Staff Participants
- Jonathan Rauh, PhD, VP of Evaluation & Public Policy
- Amanda Lawrence, VP of Community Impact
- Chloe Knight Tonney, Presidnet and CEO
- Naomi Lett, United Way Association of South Carolina CEO
Cast a ballot and build a relationship with your elected officials. For information on voting in South Carolina, visit the South Carolina State Election Commission's Website.
Interested in learning more? Contact Jonathan Rauh email@example.com or (843) 740-7730.