Affordable housing is one of the most critical resources for economically successful communities.
Trident United Way, in partnership with the United Way Association of South Carolina, was pleased to serve as a subgrantee of the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERA) in awarding grants to 18 local organizations providing housing stability services.
The United Way Association of South Carolina (UWASC) was awarded $11 million in federal funds from SC Housing. These funds were allocated to 39 South Carolina counties through local United Way affiliates. Trident United Way was tasked with dispersing funds exclusively for Dorchester County, as Berkeley and Charleston counties have already received and expended direct federal funds for this purpose. While the funds were specifically allocated for Dorchester County, recipients of the services can reside in Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester County.
18 organizations each received up to $50,000 in subgrants in this round of funding from Trident United Way
• A Second Chance Resource Center Network United, Inc.
• Center for Heirs' Property Preservation
• Charleston Area Urban League
• Charleston Legal Access
• [Charleston] Pro Bono Legal Services
• Children in Crisis Inc DBA Dorchester Children's Advocacy Center
• Community Resource Center
• Dorchester County Community Outreach
• Dorchester Resource Connection Center TUW
• Family Services, Inc. DBA Origin SC
• Father to Father, Inc
• I AM VOICES, Inc
• Increasing H.O.P.E Financial Training Center
• Magdalene House of Charleston
• Mental Health HEROES
• Ridgeville Community Resource Center Inc.
• The Joy of Jesus Ministries
Services covered under these grants
- Eviction prevention counseling
- Eviction diversion counseling
- Housing counseling
- Housing-related services for survivors of domestic abuse or human trafficking
- Mediation between landlords and tenants
- Legal services or attorney’s fees related to eviction proceedings and maintaining housing stability
- Fair housing counseling
- Case management (as part of housing stability)
- Specialized services for individuals with disabilities or seniors that support their ability to access or maintain housing
Housing Stability Services Grant Report
Funds have been expended to local nonprofit organizations to provide specified services.