NORTH CHARLESTON, SC – Trident United Way is proud to announce that Wendy Kopp, senior vice president and private wealth executive at FineMark National Bank & Trust, has been chosen as our new board chair. She succeeds Tim Grow of Elliott Davis.
“Wendy Kopp has been a steadfast supporter of Trident United Way for many years,” said President and CEO Chloe Knight Tonney. “We are fortunate to have an incredible board who each dedicate their time and talents to our organization and the Tri-County community. Wendy has proven her commitment to our three pillars of service: education, financial stability and health, and we are thrilled to welcome her as our newest board chair.”
Trident United Way also welcomes the following new board members, who bring deep experience and diverse skills to our organization.
• Natasha Chatman, Fetter Health Care Network
• Monifa Ellington, Ingevity
• B. Shawan Gillians, Esq., Womble Bond Dickinson
• David Hamilton, Truist Bank
• Fleetwood Hassell, The Bank of South Carolina
• Courtney Howard, Ph.D., College of Charleston
• Bob Lowe, ExecHQ
• Cassandra Price, AstenJohnson
• Lisa Van Bergen, Professional Nonprofit Solutions
New board and committee members, pictured above from left to right: Fleetwood Hassell, Matt Roberts, President & CEO Chloe Knight Tonney, Ben Nesvold, Steve Ervin, Cassandra Price, Wendy Kopp, Lisa Van Bergen, Christopher Glenn, Courtney Howard, B. Shawan Gillians, David Burt, Natasha Chatman, Bob Lowe, Parker Lee, Brad Davis and Andrew Porio
*Newly elected board members not pictured: Monifa Ellington and Anne Forest
Trident United Way would like to extend sincere gratitude to the outgoing board members who have devoted significant time and energy to the Tri-County region.
• Jesse Dove, Investment Advisory Center, Inc.
• Anne Forrest, Seacoast Supply
• Mark Lewis, Tech CXO
• Janine McManus, Sonepar USA
• Steve Polston, AstenJohnson
• Stephanie Singleton, The Movement
Please click here to see Trident United Way’s full 2022-2023 executive board committee and board members.
About Trident United Way - Celebrating more than 77 years of service, Trident United Way is a catalyst for measurable community transformation in education, financial stability and health. In 2021 The Chronicle of Philanthropy once again voted United Way as America’s favorite charity.