Community Engagement Grants
As part of the Trident United Way 2019-2022 Investment Cycle, we are pleased to announce the next opportunity for Community Engagement funding. Community engagement refers to the process an organization uses to engage and connect with the community to advance their work toward a community goal. Community Engagement grants are awarded to activities and events that align with TUW’s focus areas of education, financial stability and health. Activities are typically one-time, episodic and/or short-term in length. Examples of eligible activities include trainings, conferences, seminars, volunteer engagement activities, etc. CE grants do not fund services or basic needs, ongoing programming or agency operational expenses.
The 2019-2020 CE investment period is from July 1, 2019–June 30, 2020, with two open and competitive cycles during the first year: Spring 2019 & Fall 2019. All funded activities must take place and occur between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020. The funding pool for each grant cycle is $25,000 and awarded grants range from $1,000-$10,000 per funded activity.
Applicants interested in applying must be an IRS certified 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or provide documentation of proving a relationship with a fiscal agent. Applicants will be required to submit current registration or exemption with the State of South Carolina Office of the Secretary of State.
Spring 2019 Community Engagement Grants Timeline
- Information Sessions: Thursday, April 4, 3-5 pm & Friday, April 5, 9-11 am at Trident United Way. Required for all interested applicants, even if your agency has received a CE grant in the past three years. Click the button below to register to attend (limit two representatives per agency)
- Intent to Apply Registration: April 4 – April 10 (Link will be available on April 4)
- Community Engagement Application Open: April 15 – April 30
- Funding Announcements and Disbursement of Awards: July 2019
TRident United Way is pleased to announce the next round of Community Investment grant funding for the 2019-2022 funding cycle.
The Program Investment and Basic Needs application process is closed for the 2019-2022 Community Investment three-year grant cycle. Funding awards will be announced in mid-April
2019 Program Investments & Basic Needs Application Resources
- Community Impact Investment Information Guide
- Investment Eligibility and Requirements
- TUW Glossary
- 2019-2022 Funded Partner Standards and Policies
- Budget Template - download the XLS file
- Program Investments Funding Rubric
- Basic Need Investments Rubric
Links to Resources:
- Tax Information for Charities and Other Non-Profits
- Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organizations
- IRS Form 990 Information and Instructions
- State of South Carolina Office of the Secretary of State Registration
- Example of State of South Carolina Office of the Secretary of State Registration [this is simply an example of the registration -- valid date must be current]
- 501(c)(3) Political Campaign Restriction
- FAQs about Political Campaign Intervention by 501(c)(3) Organizations
- Federal Poverty Guidelines
Resource Links for Publications and Peer Reviewed Reports: