Trident United Way leading the way through collective impact
As the convener for our region’s first Kindergarten Readiness Network, and in partnership with the Tri-County Cradle to Career Collaborative (TCCC), Trident United Way (TUW) is positioned to provide the infrastructure necessary to support hundreds of early learning organizations, providers, businesses, governments, community volunteers and others to collect data for an ambitious common agenda, develop shared goals and milestones and identify and operationalize promising solutions. This move aims to improve academic and developmental outcomes for children from birth through age 5 by creating a cohesive and strategic plan in coordination with community, local and state stakeholders.
KINDERGARTEN READINESS NETWORK MEMBERS
Convening Partner: Trident United Way
- LaTisha Vaughn, TCCC’s Chief Operations Officer , LaTisha@TriCountyCradleToCareer.org
Guiding Team Members
- Amanda Butler, Charleston Southern University
- Bryan Burroughs, Institute for Child Success
- Crystal Davis, Charleston County First Steps
- Christine Zamboki, Charleston County School District
- Herman Knopf, University of Florida
- Kelly White, College of Charleston
A VISION FOR KINDERGARTEN READINESS NETWORK
- The Kindergarten Readiness Network has agreed upon the following vision to guide their efforts:
- Kindergarten Readiness involves children, families, early care and educational environments schools and communities.
- Families and caregivers encourage the physical, social and emotional, cognitive, and language development of children.
- Early Childhood practitioners partner with children and their families using evidence-based, child-centered, and developmentally and culturally appropriate curricula and practices.
- Communities create a system for access and support resources and institutions that will promote and support the development of the whole child.
- All are necessary so that all children will experience kindergarten success.
Interested in learning more? Contact Angie Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 806-6432.